- Earth day- March/teach-in in tandem with REC?
- Where do we want to put our efforts?
- Overstressing ourselves?
- Stick to $ and coporations?
- Worcester GA consensus “we should be careful of brand dillusion” → focus on corporations
- local and specific examples -NEED A RESEARCH GROUP
- ex: Nixon’s EPA 1970s regulations of waste and purported benefits of those actions, largest sources of climate change: factory farming, Canadian tar sands pipeline makes this worse
- Activism + Outreach working group
- contacting other organizations that have this idea
- possible panel on deregulation of laws
CONVERSATION TABLED UNTIL WE DECIDE WHAT OCCUPY CLARK’S RELATIONSHIP WIH OCCUPY WORCESTER IS
OCCUPY WORCESTER + OCCUPY CLARK RELATIONSHIP
PROPOSAL: Officially being a working group of Occupy Worcester PASSED
- raising awareness and numbers at Clark- keeping our individual voices involved
PROPOSAL: Once a week Clark students will be at Worcester GA: walking schedule PASSED
- meet half an hour early outside Atwood to get there (530 Thurs, 1230 Sun)
PROPOSAL: Every Friday have a presence in Red Square with fliers and other literature that comes from Media Working Groups, have cardboard signs, keep theme neutral unless something has happened recently. PASSED
MARCH 17 -SPRING RENEWAL OCCUPY EVENT
- parade is March 11- worcester GA divided abt support
PROPOSAL: Rather than participating in March 11 parade, we are going to have a sort of carnival instead. It will be mostly locally focused, and have games that relate to economy (debt bubble pinata, etc)
WEBSITE- LONG VERSION POSTED ON CLARK FB
APRIL 21-TEACH ANYTHING DAY
DISCUSSION TABLED due to time constraints